Collateral Beauty of Film!

 There are suddenly sooo many feelings, thoughts and butterflies running through me. And there is not that many things in the world that can invoke such diversity of capacities with such intensity... Like an ocean! Soooo vast, and yet soooo deep!

Most passions or interests of mine, provide singular focus on certain aspects of me but provide varied (shallow to unbelievably deep)  levels of intensity... like ranging from a brook of water where u can barely wet your feet to a grand crack in the earth running down to the depth of the earth!

But somehow, there is little or no other singularity that can invoke a depth of intensity as vast and as deep as Movies do..! Truly! Of course while different movies provide me with different streams of thought, there are always those that truly fill the heart, mind and body with pure awe and wonder, be it in a frightening sense the way "The Others" do in the end plot twist, or the way only Animation can make u feel, purely in love with life, and a sudden rush to experience it all over again! No matter what you may have been through...  

For me, it brings together most of my senses, at least in simulation if not in real, i see the images, hear the sounds and music, feel all that the characters go through, imagine all the tastes they taste, smell their environment. I feel transported to another reality altogether.... Don't know, its something about a good film that just tingles all the right parts of me! Gets me going and sets me racing! 

Why? What happens? Is it the lack of having been to so many places, and the yearning to go to all the world, that makes my imagination and brain run wild? is it my lack of courage to push myself hard enough to follow my dreams that i run into all the emotions, dreams, passions, and thoughts of all the characters, vicariously living through all of them? Don't quite know... 

Just finished seeing Luca! Another feather in the cap for Disney! for yet again they have hit the nail on the head.. Sooo many messages to reaching such diverse audiences. Is it that they say, the differences that we perceive of others, the extremities such as monsters or bad or good, are not truly that extreme and its just a sum total of the multiple repetitions and reincarnations we hear? Or is it that, no matter the situations and circumstances, we must learn to stand up for those who we care for? or that as a people we must be open to other people and their views? or is it the hundred other things running in my head right now!!

Don't quite know, how someone would come up with something this intense? I kind of do! in that there are some incidents from our own life that we like to express out to the world.. and that while we do want to tell it... we may just want to keep it generic so people don't see one specific person living their life, but see anyone living any part of their own life!

Its like this article, i am not even sure why i am writing this piece, yet after seeing the film, i felt an overwhelming sense of emotion and an itch to document the excess and hopefully some of what has come as a result of this roller coaster ride (Luca!).. And as i pen down my thoughts, the rest is beings formed as i go along, word to word... like there is an endless black hole of words in me, which even I cant access all together, and it takes a certain incident or activity or person, to invoke an explosion out of the black hole... So i do my best to capture as many words from the explosion as I possibly can, while trying to make sense of it, and as the speed slows down, you begin to realise two things, A) The speed is slowing down and hence now even though the words are random, they fit a bit more easily, else in the rush of things, it is a tad bit more difficult to piece words at a frantic pace without experience, hopefully i get better at it!. B) That there is a distinct possibility that the speed and rate of words reducing would mean (based on whatever law of conservation of energy, if they pertain to black holes)  that the flow is coming to an end, and either i reach a conclusion of sorts or a dead end! Either ways, I never started this with any intention of continuously writing or to solve any mysteries of life, but merely to find out what happens at the end... if I don't write it, usually there is a bland taper which happens where in the explosion just gets lost over a period of time in my head amongst the million other black holes that i tend to cultivate in my head.

Having said that, and corrected a few of the spelling mistakes and typing errors i made (wasn't focusing on it u see... catching words from the explosion),  i would like to have some statement, state of mind, feeling, or thought to take away from this... And if there is anything, I would imagine it would be something of this sort:

How can anyone say that this is unnecessary, how can this be called wasting my time? how is this sensory overload irrelevant to human life, when it seems to give me just the opposite, relevance to life, a will to push on, a sense of priority to all that i have in my life! So how is this something i should learn to live without? I am finding it impossible literally to be without all of these. it feels like breathing to me.

 Feels like movies and series like Collateral Beauty, Up, Sex education, Blind side, freedom writers, Hidden figures, Coach carter, Good will Hunting, Awakenings, 13 reasons Why, Finding Nemo, Shawshank redemption, Patch Adams And many many more... that strike a chord, deep where it matters, to tell a story that appeal to the soul! But only when we allow ourselves to be vulnerable so as to be a part of the story!


Leave a comment below, lets have a discussion! What moves u in a way that appeals to you!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the best reason to live your life...

My Dream for Myself

Mind is not working.....