Art and Conditioning

Just completed watching Mona Lisa Smile for the n-th time... How is it we are unable to retain the same high of an experience throughout our lifetime without having to re-experience the high again?
I know and remembered the movie was spectacular. I more or less knew it had moved me every time I have seen it. I know it pulls and tugs on multiple strings, such as, the impact of a strong teacher to a student... that a teacher's job is to, in the words of Maria Montessory, stir the mind and leave it free to develop... Such as the impact I may have had on my friends and colleagues and people I have conversed with for more than a few sentences on a depth beyond the initial few measurements of the surface of life... On my own mind and it's racing and foraging curiosity... On the questions and thoughts I bring and ask myself everytime I come across a soul stirring experience like standing face to face with nature's magnificence, or watching a movie that can stir the soul...
I know a movie like Mona Lisa Smile can leave me to think on so many levels, initially and on the surface, it makes a statement that women are not to be underestimated... That while their roles are many a times made to feel like tending to the manz it is quite the contrary if not equal, if the man may be so fortunate... It makes it a point of showing what people, we, with a certain sense of purpose or drive such as the students of that college, can accomplish when we believe in the purpose so passionately. When we embue that purpose and drive and move with it.. but also when those same purposes are challenged inspected, that maybe we could also, once in a while, inspect it for ourselves, to see how far we've come in the pursuit of it, but also to see if we still feel the very same about that purpose or if there is something else that drives us as well....
But beyond these things, on looking a little further, there is a little bit of us in each of the characters we see.. and we are able to relate with and engross ourselves in... For example, for myself, I see a little bit of myself in Giselle in the way that she wishes to engage in physical connection in a hope of finding and searching for somethg to save her... I see a little bit of myself in Connie baker, who is constantly put down by the subversive eyes she looks to in society for approval, meaning somewhere in herself she seeks her approval, to fit in... I see myself in Joan who is soo exceptional is contemplating and is giving a try at everything and eventually has to decide on one of the most biggest stage to make an impact (lawyer) and the biggest impact itself I believe one can make (homemaker)... I see myself in Hetty, someone who is soo critical and judgemental of everyone around them, but doesn't realise that it is herself she is judging while passing commentary and that she pushes everyone away because in her mind her parents are the ones who caused this by their high standards they set and a lack of conversation from her side out of fear or respect or both... And of course I see mya of the most in miss Watson, who is a person looking to stir many a minds leaving them free to develop while attempting to provide them with a safe space where they may focus on their development without wondering or any judgement that may come elsewhere... All while constantly stirring her own mind, using the events and people around her as stimuli for her mind, analysing and understanding what it may be like being in their shoes and developing her own mind and persona that way maybe....
All this while overlooking the gender identified in the movie because we are looking at a level deeper than the surface...
If we deem to go any further, my mind would wander to learn from the movie, or the connections we make and the choices we do, while we are in the moment making those choices, would it ever be possible to be outside looking in while trying to make those decisions of our lives? Would it be possible to make decisions diwconn cted from the events and emotions that drive particular moments in our lives?
Clearly the more critical ones seem a tonne of the motion and are often life changing only because of the particular emotions involved and their impact.
But would it be possible to be outside looking in while also defining and deciding the criticaln routes taken at the many crossroads of our lives.?

If I can learn all of this from a rewatch of an inspiring movie for the n-th time, why does this data and information and emotions not stay throughout my life? Why is it required for me to watch it time and again to refuel the high? Or maybe I do already feel and experience this high at every crossroads of my life unknowingly, as a movie such as this while it has stirring my mindz has also played it's part in developing it to what is turning out to be.

Reality in deception. A chance to look at our lives as other people in fictionalised stories... Objective and detached.

Let me know what you think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the best reason to live your life...

My Dream for Myself

Mind is not working.....